Monday, November 30, 2015

Virtual Coffee Date


I pray everyone had a happy, healthy, blessed, and FILLING Thanksgiving. I know I did... If we were having coffee right now, I know you'd want to hear about the family and what craziness happened at this year's dinner table, but I'm just dying to share my Christmas baking list with y'all and I just can't wait.

But priorities first, get your coffee (and maybe a few cookies since y'all be starved for them by the time you read this post) and then take a peek at my list.

First off, I made a list. I checked it twice. I checked last year's list, and the year before that, and the year before that... and I completely ignored all of the cookies I failed to make. They will be made one day. They will not be forgotten. But I can't help it. I see a new cookie recipe the day before and my plans change. Wait. Is that something shiny?

I always make at least 8 different types of cookies (why eight? It's my favorite, it's powerful, it just happens), and this year I think I'll choose two recipes for each category and decide later on. So, here we go!

1. The one cookie that just screams Christmas: The Sugar Cookie
2. The obvious cookie: The Chocolate Chip Cookie
3. The must-have-or-everyone-gets-mad cookie: The Brown Butters with Caramel Frosting
  • The Famous Brown Butters (Obviously, except this year I might make them on their own separate day, so I can make plenty for EVERYBODY.)
  • I'm not sure if I want to go with Pretzel Bark again or maybe try a new scone recipe (possibly Maple Pecan Scones)
4. My traditional Christmas cookie: The Snickerdoodle
5. My absolute-favorite-cookie-in-the-whole-wide-world: The Almond Blueberry Cookie
6. The random cookie: Something with "Apple" (I have no idea why, but this has become a thing)
  •  Apple & Spice Cookies (found scribbled on a random note card in the back of a cookbook)
  •  No-Bake Tiramisu Cookies (no idea why I place them in this category....)
7. The "Girls Only!" cookie: Something with LEMON (this is a must for me and Mama)
8. The must-not-forget-Daddy cookie: The Chocolate [Something] Cookie
  • Chocolate Crackle Tops or Chocolate Kisses
  • Mocha Latte Logs (I've been wanting to make these all year!)
I plan to make my Raspberry Rudolph Noses for my Charlie Brown Christmas program at work. And I'm thinking about making some Earl Grey Truffles for hostess gifts this year. They sound fabulous. Instant invitation to parties ;)



Wouldn't these go perfectly with your coffee?

Happy Holiday Baking!

What's on your baking list this season?
 
With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment