Monday, May 11, 2015

Chicken Florentine

It's National Eat What You Want Day!!!!!


Actually, I guess I saw it as DRINK What You Want Day. I knew as soon as I woke up this morning, on my way to work I was heading to Starbucks for an iced double grande dirty chai. It was fan-freaking-tastic. I was sad I only got a grande. At 11 a.m. it hit the spot. Cold. Spicy. Caffeinated. Perfection.

Anyhoo, since it is EAT What You Want Day, I decided to share one of Mr. B's favorite week night meals. It's fast, and as long as I prepare the sides ahead of time (yes, husbands. those boys), he has no problem making on the evenings I work. He loves anything he can throw on the grill.


And if I'm being completely honest, I thoroughly enjoy this meal, too. While I listed the directions for cooking this on the stove, it's quite simple to adjust the recipe for the grill. Instead of in a skillet, cook the chicken on the grill and brush on a little Italian dressing. On foil, grill up the spinach and any other sides you might enjoy with the chicken, such as zucchini chips or baby potatoes.

This.

Yes, I want this.

I'm salivating just ogling these photos.


Chicken Florentine
*inspired by a picture in a menu

Serves 4

3 Tbsp Italian dressing, divided (homemade or your favorite)
4 c lightly packed spinach leaves
4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
8 slices smoked ham
4 slices Provolone cheese

Heat 1 Tbsp of dressing in large ovenproof skillet on medium heat. Add spinach; cook and stir 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Add remaining dressing and chicken to skillet; turn chicken over to evenly coat with dressing. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Top evenly with ham (I like to toast my ham a bit before putting on the chicken) and cheese; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. (Or, place under broiler to brown.) Spoon spinach mixture evenly onto plates; top each with chicken.

Yeah, I was starving a little hungry, and, as you can see, the spinach never made it to the plates! But at least my zucchini chips add some color. Yum.


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment