Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Favorite Black Bean Burger Salad

So, you know those black bean burgers I love?


Put those babies on a salad!

Over these last few weeks, I have been addicted to my burgers atop a beautiful plate of greens. I think it's spring fever. However, as I look out the window this morning and see the snow falling, I'm sure, completely, that it's SPRING FEVER.

Hello? Sunshine? Where are you??

But, you know, it's Ohio. We go straight from winter to summer. Always. ALWAYS. I think Ohio has a thing against spring time. I think it's the chirping birds at 6 a.m. Or maybe that's just me.


But, my point. And I do have one.

These beauty burgers are even more beautiful in a salad and drizzled with a white balsamic vinegar. Right now, I'm all about this peach version I found at the Market District. So good.

The slightly warmed burger with a sprinkle of feta is enough to get anyone to eat this salad. Trust me.


Black Bean Burger Salad

Serves 1

1 black bean burger, cooked (follow the link for the recipe)
2 cups spring mix greens
1 large tomato, sliced
1 cup English cucumber, chopped
1/8 c crumbled feta cheese
1 half of an avocado, chopped
White Peach Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzle (about 1 T)

Place greens on a pretty plate. Layer on tomato, cucumber, feta, and avocado. Top with a heated black bean burger, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

Who knew these beauty burgers could get any better?


Nutritional Information:
409 calories, 17 fat, 53 carbs, 20 protein, 15 fiber, 14 sugar


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment