Monday, February 9, 2015

Strawberry-PB2 Protein Smoothie


My Pink Valentine's Day Smoothie.

It wasn't intentional. I just happened to stumble upon a market sale of decently priced and perfectly ripe strawberries. And they actually tasted like strawberries! Here in Ohio, in February, that is quite a find.

Then I went home and put them in my morning shake. The bright pink color screamed Valentine's Day in a mug!


It was gorgeous and tasted just as heavenly. Annnnd it's a decently healthy choice to jump-start your mornings. Annnd I had one every.single.day. last week.

But now I'm out of strawberries. Yes, I'm all too aware I probably won't find that strawberry bargain again until strawberry season actually hits. Frozen strawberries will work, too, in this satisfying pink shake. YUM-O.

It's the perfect pink beverage to kick off that pink holiday coming up....


Strawberry-PB2 Butter Protein Smoothie
*adapted from my Berry Elvis Protein Smoothie

Serves 1 or 2 (if you feel like sharing)

1 6-oz container blueberry coconut milk yogurt
about 1 cup water or 1 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 - 1 scoop soy vanilla protein powder
1 - 1 1/2 T PB2
1 T chia seeds
5-6 fresh large strawberries (or frozen!)
Pinch of xanthan gum (optional ---> used to thicken smoothie) 
3-5 ice cubes, depending on the texture you like

2-3 T of  dark chocolate berry granola (I found this one at Aldi...this is completely optional and I added it in on my last day of the smoothie. It's a nice way to make this breakfast smoothie a little more decadent on Valentine's Day.)

*if using frozen strawberries, I wouldn't add the ice.

Toss all of the ingredients in a blender (add the ice last!) and mix until desired consistency is reached. Enjoy! Or split it with your love for a Valentine's Day treat...if he's into smoothies. Mr. B is not. I may be a little too excited I don't have to share.


And a shout out to my Mama....it's her birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Mama! xoxo


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment