Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Game Day #2: Cold Vegetable Pizza

We're on day two of Super Bowl week!

And today I'm featuring vegetable pizza, which is actually shocking because Mr. B and I are not pizza fans. We might order pizza once a year. Seriously. (Come to think of it, I don't think we ordered any last year.) The only time we eat pizza is when we're at someone else's house and they order it, which is then followed by private eye-rolling and frowns from Mr. B and I. (Sorry if those people are reading! I apologize.) There's just something about pizza, with all of it's grease and empty calories, that is un-appetizing. [My dislike might be a result of both my parents managing and working at Dominoes when I was little. We had pizza every Friday night without fail.] I couldn't even touch the stuff in college. True story.

I strongly dislike pizza...especially "normal" pizza. I love taco pizza....and dessert pizza.

And this Cold Vegetable pizza. (However, I am sl.ow.ly liking pizza when I make it homemade. I make healthier crusts, and am happy that I know what's in my pizza. No grease!)

I've always loved this kind of pizza. It makes a great appetizer or snack at parties, and is a great lunch option for Mr. B and I. And the best part, you can put on whatever toppings you like, or whatever you happen to have at the bottom of your refrigerator that needs to be used ASAP.

I just happened to have this.....
Cucumbers, green peppers, lettuce, red onions and tomatoes. Sometimes I put black olives on Mr.B's half, but he already ate them.

Mmmmm. So good. I'm sure I'd have no problem eating this whole thing. But I won't. Mr. B would be hangry.

Cold Vegetable Pizza

1 pkg (8-count) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 c mayonnaise
2 oz Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp minced chives (or fresh parsley, or 1/2 tsp dill....)
about 1 cup toppings of choice (peppers, cucumbers, red onions, mushrooms, olives, spinach, tomatoes...)
3 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
3 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese

Unroll crescent rolls and place on ungreased baking sheet; flatten dough and pinch together seams, forming one big rectangle. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. In small bowl, combine mayo, cream cheese and chives until well blended and smooth; spread over crust. Top with assorted vegetables of choice. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. (If using tomatoes, chill for no longer because it will get soggy.) Cut into desired slices.


Don't forget to check back tomorrow for another
Super Bowl Party menu idea!


With Love and God Bless,
Brindi

No comments:

Post a Comment